Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Method 9

I found this lesson interesting simply because I am in the process of learning to Skype with my two college students. I am having mixed emotions about this service though. I get to see their messy rooms and they get to see mine. Yuck.
I can also see the advantage of having these tools in the public libraries. The ability to respond to requests for information and the written record would be good to have. However here in the school library we spend so much time keeping the "social butterflies" that teenagers are on task as it is now that I can not even imagine how much harder it would become with yet another means for them to talk around instruction in place. For me I think I am still more comfortable with a simple phone call most of the time. It is "instant" enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment